UAV Mapping & Surveying
Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) or drones can carry payloads including cameras, lidar (laser scanning) units and thermal imaging sensors. Modern drones feature extremely high-resolution cameras and RTK/PPK systems to improve accuracy to unprecedented levels. Compact lidar units offer point cloud data capture in areas previously inaccessible.
Drone technology enables our team to capture data on a greater scale than ever before in a range of applications including;
- Volume calculations from photogrammetric models/meshes
- Cost tracking and project progress reporting
- Change detection analysis
- Site fly-throughs and general imagery
- Quality assurance through design comparisons
- Airborne laser-scanning
- Structural assessments and inspection
- Thermal detection for fire management
- Feature surveys
Deliverables from UAV data typically include reports and plans, orthomosaics and models, point clouds, digital terrain models and meshes and fly-through visualisations.